New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just started hunting again after a long layoff and was leaving Assunpink yesterday and saw a bear with what I guess would be a radio collar on it. Thought it was pretty cool then started thinking "A bear? I have to worry about a freakin' bear when I walk in in the morning?" [lol][lol] Took a pic of it but it went behind a bush by the time I got my phone out so you can just see a couple areas of black through the bush.

Anyway, how many bears has the state released into Assunpink?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I want to know how many bears the division is flying in by stealth chopper at night from canada. there is no way the population could be reproducing as fast as it is. What do youthink jules? And do you remember the bear they put on earle naval pier a few years ago...or the ones they drop off in the suburban areas of the state just to scare everyone into thinking theres a population problem? Can you believe the nerve?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
The state is bringing select few to assumpink and colliers from north jersey that have been a problem there. A few years ago there were 3 let go in colliers but I have never seen them. I have fish and game in the store I manage each year and that is where this info came from. They do not release exactly how many they have relocated but according to fish and game they will continue to do this.

·
Registered
13,559 Posts
not for nothing its PERFECT habitat for bears plus with all those swamps and the fact the south jersey is much warmer then north jersey so the bears will den up much shorter that equals GIANT BEARS...................... [up][up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the answer deadonshot. I get that the bears are over populated but after reading a couple of posts on this forum about them being relocated was curious if there was a definitive answer.

I don't understand relocating a nuisance bear either. You would think they would continue the same behavior wherever they are relocated. Too bad the anti's can't understand the benefits of hunting. I wonder if it's the same bear that was at the vet hospital in Robbinsville.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts