New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Mendham and pulled over when I saw a buck feeding. It was about 40 yds from me a real nice 5 pt. Very high rack about 16 inches wide. A big frame deer as well I'd say about 140 dressed out. The rack was still in velvet but he was alone no other bucks. I can't wait till sep 10 At 6:30 am

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
The nice thing about Mendham is there is not much hunting pressure. Last year I hunted winter bow in Mendham and saw 5 different bucks during the last week of January. I planned on hunting these bucks but got the flu and the season ended. I will get one of them this year.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi! I hunt in Mendham too and am also watching a nice 5pt.. Where did you see yours? I saw this one on Tempewick Rd.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
This will be my first year hunting in Mendham, I have permission on a 12 acre piece for bow hunting only. It looks real beat down. Are there really as many deer as the police dept says there is? Is it worth the 45 minute trip?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
There are more deer than you can imagine. Problem is that they are in between the houses and hard to get to.
I hunt a small piece between houses in the Brookside section. On my way down the road the other afternoon, I counted 37 deer on one street in the different yards. Mostly does and young bucks. A couple of nice bucks make their way through though.

Took 2 does on Tuesday to fill my doe tag as well as my bank a doe tag. Ready for the bucks now.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
No pics. Just 2 older does with youngins in tow. Had my choice of about 18-20 deer in about an hour.
Sat in the same tree the next night looking for the 8 pter that's in the area. Had a chance for any one of 4 more baldies but passed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts