New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined a club that has some property in Jefferson so I decided to take a ride up that way today and check things out (instead of Turkey Hunting in Wawayanda - don't ask). Anyway while driving down Taylor Road through the Rockaway River WMA I caught sight of a doe and fawn standing about 20 yards off the road. The fawn was so small it was standing under mom - looked like it was suckling. This fawn couldn't have been more than 20 inches tall. first time I ever saw one that small. My daughter was with me and it was a cool thing for her to see. She's good luck for me. Every time we go out together we see something - she also usually catches more fish than me. Can't wait till she's old enough to hunt. Later

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Count back and it will bring you in around the last week of October to guess what another full moon period just like it is now. Alshimer and his moon theory and gestation period is pretty accurate. Oh yeah that is awsome that you got to see that and to see it feeding as well. Keep that kid buy your side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts