New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a savage 220 in camo with the nikon prostaff shotgun scope. Everything looks great so far but I haven't gone about mounting the scope yet because I'm unsure as to what mount and rings to use. I hear that a compact scope like the nikon may potentially get in the way of the bolt action mechanism or in the way of clearance.

I was hoping someone more familiar could go about making an exact recommendation so I don't go about wasting my time with trial and error. Thanks in advanced guys.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I got my mount and rings from evolution gun works. They suggested their piccatiny bas and med rings. They are very nice people if you call them they will make sure you are set up right. They have a website just google them.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
I have a piccatiny rail on mine, not sure of the rings though, I had mine set up at simon peter's.

You'll love your 220 the thing is a tack driver.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have a 3 x9 x 40 nikon prostaff on mine with same rail and Ned rings works fine

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help fellas. Yeah I'm pretty pumped to take her to the range and sight it in. Anyone happen to have any exact # measurements? As far as where to set screws etc. Again thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
evolution gun works makes the perfect rail for this gun.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Go see Joe or the gunsmith at NJ Firearms Guild. I bought my savage there last year and they were well aware of the problems with ejecting shells. They set me up perfectly and I've had zero problems. I have heard some horror stories so definitely see someone who knows about the issues. You won't be sorry with the gun - deadly accurate. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I have the EGW RAIL a Nikon Slughunter BDC and Nikon Quick Release rings on mine. I believe they are medium. Never any ejection issues

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So going with a weaver rail and mounts would be a definite no go? I know the egw rails the better fit but I'm just wondering because my buddy has an extra weaver rail he's willing to give me but if it's not even gonna fit then it's not worth wasting my friends time.

Anyone know of Any stores in NJ that I can go in and buy an egw picatinny rail? Instead of having to order one off line?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts