New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shoots best for everyone? I am noticing that the Hornandy SST comes in a little higher than the Remington Accu-Tips.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I am shooting hornady SSTs at the moment b/c that is all i could find.

however, the guy i bought it from (Hunterdon Hunter) gave me a target he shot with the 3" Federal Barnes Expanders that was pretty impressive, so I ordered 10 boxes of that ammo off of sportsmansguide.com for 11.17 a box, plus free shipping and 10 dollars off made for a sweet deal. can't wait to get the shells in so i can re sight in my gun.

The SSTs did some major damage to a deer I shot the other day head on though. but at $20/5 rounds, i cannot afford to shoot them.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Sportsman rendezvous in flemington had the 20ga,2 3/4 accutips last week.. My gun likes the 3 in tips....

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
To be honest the gun wil shoot most high velocity ammo pretty well. I would think mine would like 3" accu tips just the same.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
To be honest the gun wil shoot most high velocity ammo pretty well. I would think mine would like 3" accu tips just the same
The 2 3/4" flew just fine. I just went with the 3" as they seemed easier to find and I bought a bunch of them.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
I found after shooting easily $200 worth of different slugs that the accutips shot the best. The 2 3/4 shot good but the 3" inch really tightened up the group. The barnes shot ok but I kept getting an occaisional flier.Everything else I shot was unacceptable. If you shoot the accutips, buy them when you see them. Come hunting season they are hard to find

1 - 10 of 10 Posts