New Jersey Hunters banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I live off of Clove Road on Old Mashipacong. The area I hunt boarders the State Park. I have spotlighted that area your hunting and seen some decent 8 pts in the corn fields. It doesnt get hunted to hard so you have a good chance at them.
Maybe you,Matt and I can hook up at least once and get some hunting in. Matt and I know Montague pretty well. There is a place off River road that Matt saw a really nice 12 point last year. Let me know if your interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
dave, yeah I'm up to try new areas!!!!! email me any time address is in the email list on the main page. you see nice bears in my area?

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Your joking right:)

The bears are everywhere!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
There was some average 400 pounders in your area during the early summer. I think they like that area because they scarfe free meals from the people who camp along the river and have no clue they are in bear country. Over on River road Matt saw a bear that was well over 600 pounds.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
600# Bears? What bears? Ive never even seen a bear in Montague.[confused]

12 pointer? What main frame ten point with split G2's are you talking about? I never saw a 12 point.[confused]

;):D

Seriously though, I thought someone killed that buck Dave? Didnt they kill him along with the cactus rack buck? :(

BHC should hunt the armstrong tract, its a good area for bucks and bears. [up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Yes they got both of those plus the 10pt with the double drop tines. No one got the buck I am after and it is going on the 4th year :p

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
You guys can have all those weather reports you are quoting. I just walked outside and it's RAINING.
Hunting can wait. ;)

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
It's actually sunny here :D
When I first walked out on my deck this mornin' I realized what a vampire must feel like. I was ready to crawl back in my coffin it was so bright :D

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Woke up at 5:00am looked outside rain and 20 mph wind, turned around looked at my wife and saw a hurricane ? :D Only kidding she made it all the easier for me to just crawl back into bed. I will try the afternoon instead.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts