New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 15 yo out he has been working hard to take a deer with his bow. Last year got a good hit but I think he jumped the deer and pushed it. This year i set him up on a good trail. saturday night he took two shot's clean misses. Sunday we went out and shot to make sure his bow was on, well slightly off shooting high and right. made corrections and we reiterated shot placement and senerio work. monday night went out, well not alot of close movement saw deer far off on the fields. then 707 a young deer walked into my area and i wanted to use this as a learning tool for my son so I took him. 20 yard shot quartering away with a rage broadhead. Double lung and heart the deer ran 20 ft. saw the deer but we waited 30 minutes before moving. we text messaged each other then met at the site of the shot. showed him the arrow the blood trail and made him follow the trail to the deer. explained the shot placement and showed him the hole in the heart. What an experience for both of us. Well now I am after my buck and he has a new insite to bow hunting. Hitting the woods again saturday giving it time to cool down again.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Great teaching tool, nothing better than the actual blood trail[up][up][up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
great learning tool like will said nothing beats the real deal[up]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts