New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could only hunt till 9:30 today, my wife is having a big halloween party for my son and I have a million things on a list to do!!

Didn't see any of the bucks but tons of tracks, and I saw a fox this morning for the first time in my life.

One problem, on the way out i found 4 fully live shotgun shells, 2 3/4 remington 12 guage 1 1/8 it sounds like pellets in there with a silver head stamp. Is that bird shot? I know its only been there since wednesday because I picked up my camera then and I always look at this spot on the way out around a bend, plus no rust on the head stamps.

Now I have tresspassers again!! Great.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
stinx that you have gun hunters around...thatll scare away some deer...as for the shotgun shells, what was the shot size?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
My guess the shells are from small game hunters. You may want to watch yourself in the trees. Why didn't you take the fox?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a bigger problem than them scaring deer. For 1 its private posted property. Number 2 the private property is part of a retail restaurant establishment open to the public. My inlaws are not happy with the trespassing but even more angry that someone would leave live rounds on the ground. God forbid a group of kids found them (yes teenagers are known to throw parties in the woods) or worse yet they dropped them in the parking lot and a kid found them and brought them home. The finger pointing would be devastating to their business.

Mpemt I didn't take the fox because its the first animal I saw in the woods and I had 2 hours left to hunt. I'm still looking to get my first ever deer so I let him walk. He did look nice and I did think about shooting him. I found a huge hole dug under a tree where the elevation changes about 8 feet in 2 feet. I'm assuming thats his den.

Plus if you look closely at some of the trail cam pics I posted he's in a few. I was wishing he was being followed by Mr. Buck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts