New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
14,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I almost won the mega-million lotto this morning (5 out of 6 numbers)[wallmad]and we almost had a double turkey kill on video.[wallmad]
Brenda, Tom(cameraman) and I went to a location at daybreak and the only birds we heard were on the neighboring property. So we beat feet to another location and set up the Double Bull Blind. As soon as we were settled in I made a call and Two longbeards appeared out of the brush behind us. They walked right in front of the blind about 20 yards away. Brenda put up her gun but couldn't see her reddot in the sight. In a panic I took the gun and looked thru the site...It was turned way down..I turned it up and handed it back to her. Once she was on one of the birds I counted to three and we were going to shoot at the same time. Her bird on the left, mine on the right......1....2....3. My gun goes BANG and Hers went SNAP !!!
My bird went down and hers ran 10 feet and stopped. She handed me the gun and I jacked another shell in it. Now her Gobbler is walking away and just about out of sight when she shot and MISSED !!!

ALL ON VIDEO !!!

What a HeartBreak !!!

We hunted till 10:00 and she had to go to work.
Tom and I went hunting to see if we could get him a Bird.Long Story- Short, We ended up calling in Three Jakes and with me behind the camera and getting great footage..Tom dropped a Jake.

It was a morning I will never forget...

· Registered
16,894 Posts
WOW, 5 out 6? [eek] Better luck next time. :)
Congrats to both guys. [up][up] Sorry Brenda wasn't able to connect with one, but am sure she will. ;)

· Registered
1,624 Posts
GG U R ON FIRE!!! Congrats on what looks like a everyday hunt everyday shoot a bird season!![up]If you need help tieing your shoe laces or something at ur hunting spot let me know

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.