Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck guys. Have a good one.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I was going. Midnights this weekend.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hunted till 9:30
5 does, and a 6 point. Very slow though. The buck was not in any hurry - ate a bit. Definitly not hard rutting. To warm - hope it gets colder soon.

End of this week if its cold should really kick in the rut??

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
saw 4 does and a nice 6. the does were out of range though. i was teasing the buck with grunt tube. he kept coming in.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Shot a BB this morning,I was so disappointed when I got up to it and found out it wasn't a doe,I studied that deer for a good 10 mins and couldn't see any buttons on it. It was a nice morning and a good hunt,that kinda went bad,I won't say on here what happened but does "silence of the lambs" mean anything to anyone?

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Yes woj by your house...Gave out a couple cards at the butcher shop,come to find out the guys that I was talking to hunt close to where I was hunting.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
One decent six pointer at 9:30. Grunted at him a few times and he looked over, then I snort-wheezed at him. He got nervous when I did that and he walked off.

It started off decently chilly....but man was it warm by the time we left.

The farmers almanac called for an Indian summer though.....so this was to be expected. There is supposed to be a cold snap just before Thanksgiving. Like BRRRR CoLd. And then a lot of snow and very cold in early December.

Good luck to anyone going out in the afternoon![up]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i need a doe today. i'm seeing alot of bucks that i could have shot but i need that doe first...[mad]

i guess next year i'll bank my does. i didn't do it.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
saw a nice 8 ptr., a very nice 4 and shot a doe...I had my video camera so I got some pretty decent footage of the 4 pointer...very nice morning...the doe that I got was nice sized, it was close to the edge of the woods so I weighed her before and after dressing her...live weight she was 125 and 90 dressed...should get a lot of meat from her...OH YEAH, I took a picture of a real nice 8 at the butchers when I dropped mine off, I'll post it later...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Luknikk phoned in and said all he's seen is the 8 pointer that keeps running back to the vegitarian lady's yard, she won't let him hunt on it. And then he says "oh and a hot chick and her daughter walking through the woods twards my stand".
LOL even in the woods there's a "hot chick" look out?

Turn out to be the vegan's daughter....LMAO who told him to kill them all and she'd work on her mother.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That's the main reason I hunt in zone 5 & 6. I want to be able to shoot the deer I want to shoot, not what the state tells me to shoot. Not that I have anything against shooting a doe, but I haven't in 25 years...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Saw a doe tonite and then about 4:00 p.m. this big 4 pointer come in and bedded down about 40 yards from me. Layed there for about 40 minutes. Got up and walked away. No shot. Went straight away from me. Tried to rattle him back in but he just kept walking real slow. This is a big bodied deer and his antler went almost past his ears and about 16 inches high. Was going to take him to get my hot dogs and hot sticks but maybe next time. Beautiful day this afternoon, no wind and dead quiet. Just birds chirping and squirrels running. It was very relaxing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts