New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me, brownstones and our friend sean went out today, wish buckfever was there, but family comes 1st[up]:D. It was nice and cold this morning, no wind, all 3 of us thought for sure deer would be moving. At 9 am brownstones was cold and wanted coffee, once he said that word COFFEE that got me and sean ready to come down from the tree. So at 9:30am we would do so, at 9:20, I look over my right shoulder and I see a deer antlerless, and I was thinking of taking one today. It kept looking towards the left and I knew another deer was there. They stayed there for a good 40 mins. then they ran up the hill further away from me. I think they saw brownstones, he is the only bowhunter I know that wore his woolrich black & red checker board outfit while bowhunting. Sean and brownstones saw nothing. we stopped at JUMBOLAND for lunch, a guy was there with a 5 pointer, he told brownstones that this was the only deer he saw, and if it wasn't for the small gammers he thinks he would of never saw it

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Just got back in...went out this evening. Didn't see any deer but there were so many geese flying overhead that I was sure I was gonna get dumped on. LOL Also Saw a huge great blue heron flying through the woods. it is amazing how these things are able to fly through the woods without clipping any branches.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
had one doe at 10 yrds let here walk waiting for a buck that never showed up i sould have taken the shot on the doe well i hope monday morning thing are moving better for the smoke pole

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope the same for monday.....I thought for sure deer would be moving today

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Went out this pm,hunted a stand with a perfect wind that I've rested and only hunted once in bow season.
I only saw one doe this evening but was still glad to have gotten up in the tree...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i hear you it was a great afternoon but not much moving my buddie saw 2 does right at dark we will be out sighting in first thing in the am and then scouting the rest of the day

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wonder whats going on with the bucks. Seems the does are being seen, but with no buck in tow

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
A lot of the deer around here have started piling into their gun season safety zones such as neighborhoods and places that dont receive any hunting pressure. Once those guns start popping around here the deer always start piling into the neighborhoods. It is a good thing that i am able to bowhunt a lot of the places they get pushed durng gun season!!!!!!:D;)[up]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts