New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is opening day of the extended season, wishing you all a safe, and successful hunt. I will be hunting with buckfever, brownstones, GunnyFern, and our friend sean who needs to get his A** on here. Once again good luck, and be safe. [up]

Oh and maybe I will get a birthday buck tomorrow!!!! last time that happen was back in 1999, when I got a 4 pointer

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
BHC get a good night sleep tonight because I think the sky is going to turn red tommorrow.The cherry is going to be popped,yah and you are going to feild dress and drag the beaste out of the woods:p

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
good luck guys, i am on vacation all for nine days starting tomorrow. i plan on telling you guys i killed my first deer.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buckfever, you know for a fact if you whack one and pop that cherry of yours I would be just as excitied for you as you would be for yourself. You should know that I get excitied when you tell me you whacked one, HMMMMMM !!! remember yesterday when you told me on the cell phone you whacked a buck, and I was racing doing 90 mph on the GSP to get home, to help you track it? YOUR SUCH A DICKIE DO !!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am on vacation all for nine days starting tomorrow
hey I go you beat, I start vacation tomorrow also but I'm off till Novemeber 20th

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I've had a couple of frustrating days. Haven't hunted much due to work and family obligations, but finally I got some time off starting Friday till November 22. I went out yesterday morning, but got called out of the stand at 8:00am to take my wife to the doctors, she was having some serious dizzy spells, and seems she has a vertigo problem.

So, in the afternoon, I went to one of my best spots. I killed a nice buck from it last year and in 2003, and this year there are several impressive rubs within 15 yards...6 of them. A few very large scrapes too, so I'm pretty pumped. This is one of those places that is usually very good in late October. Was a little delayed getting out because just as I was about to leave, my father-in-law came over to visit. Didn't get out till about 2:30pm, and jumped several deer on the way in, 3 right under my tree. Was settled in quickly and ready for the wait. At about 5:45pm, I hear something large walking towards me, and it's wearing an orange hat. Between then and 6:30pm, I had two people walk by me a few times, all within 35 yards. Don't know what they were looking for. One individual was walking a dog??? This is private property by the way, and me and my brother are the only ones who can hunt it.

The spot looks just too hot, so I leave everything in the tree and go back this morning. I notice trouble immediately on the way in. I use the trail that seperates our land from the neighbors, and he has been in on his four wheeler since I left last night. I get settled in at 6:15am, and just then, here comes another 4 wheeler. I know who it is, and he drives it right to his tree stand. This guy hunts close to the line, and I'm only about 75 yards from the line, so it's easy to hear him. At 7:55am, yes, 7:55am on this perfect hunting morning, he fires up the 4-wheeler, and drives back out through the woods, this time through our property only 30 yards from me. Between 8am and 9am, he and two buddies drive back and forth into the stand pulling some type of very noisy wagon, probably full of bait. I got down and left. This is the first year in I don't know how long I haven't taken a buck in fall bow season...or even a doe for that matter. Just having limited time to get out, and bad luck when I do finally get to the tree.

Well, at least I have the next 3 weeks to turn it around. [up]

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
hey I go you beat, I start vacation tomorrow also but I'm off till Novemeber 20th
Well I have you beat :D We close Sunday and I have off till April 1st [up] Thats 6 days a week of hunting [up][up][up][up][up][up]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts