New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well has everyone done their scouting & seen the water levels? Did you all pick your spots for Sat.?? We have ours!!!!! hope we don't see any of you guys there LOL

B

·
0 Posts
We had a good time on Saturday, I saw 4 deer, 2 of them under me allowed them to walk, saw 1 buck 60yds out, and 1 im not sure of the sex, and at 1st light had a 225LB. bear under me

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BOWHUNTERCOP;
Sorry I'm talkin ducks. You like them deers & bears LOL I'm burnt out on them. Harvested way to many of both.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1/2 my hunts are in waders don't need a boat. But they sure are nice to have LOL

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Supposed to be a nice cold snap on Saturday, 60 for a high. its about time.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just bought a new Sea Ark 16' jon, looking for a 25-40 hp short shaft for it. I hope to have her ready to hunt by next week.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'll be in the marsh too, in an assault kayak.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Watch the rip tide. They tell me it's not to safe there in a small craft. But in a kayak you shouldn't get caught high & dry when the tide rushes out. just muddy LOL

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I was thinking about jump shooting on the Flatbrook or Rockaway...Never tried duck hunting in the rain...deer hunting in the rain has never been good for me.

I would like to hook up with some other duck and/or goose hunters to pool our decoys.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Watch for the guys who set up their decoys when you are jump shoot. You don't need more 1/2 doz. duck decoys for the next few weeks. All I'm using Sat. is 4 duck & 3 goose decoys & I own 5 dozen duck decoys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts