New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I am going down there tomorrow with my son Nick and his friend and we are going to put a woopin' on them....or not. but it will be good times and I suppose there may be a blusky around.....I am going to fish the outgoing. If I have any bunker left I am going to try the weakfish bite at dusk. Surf fishing in May is the best of times....[up]

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I am going down there tomorrow with my son Nick and his friend and we are going to put a woopin' on them....or not. but it will be good times and I suppose there may be a blusky around.....I am going to fish the outgoing. If I have any bunker left I am going to try the weakfish bite at dusk. Surf fishing in May is the best of times....
Where are you going? I might stop by and say hello. PM sent.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
I fished it the other night on the incoming all the way to the outgoing. Picked up a short right when i got there and a few run offs but they weren't big fish that night. After I caught the short it was skate and sea robin city, which i don't mind because I eat them both.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I might head out there this Sunday... Clams are best this time of year, right?

I usually bring two rods, one with bait and the other with a buck tail, Zarra Spook or Jig head with a 8 inch Purple worm.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I wonder if one of these would work from Stripers

My friend says he has been slaying the Musky with them. They look like they would work for Stripers...

·
Registered
449 Posts
you can't go wrong with clam or bunker, just have to be lucky a little. Good luck.[up][up][smoke]

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
you can't go wrong with clam or bunker
It's not too early for Bunker?

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
No way, bunker is the hot bait rite now along with clam, I tried eels and didnt get a hit, but my wallett did!!! Anyway Sandy hood is hot rite now, I fished there last week and had blues and bass everywhere on incoming tide but once high tide was in full swing the bite completely stopped, couldnt even get a blue to hit anything!!! the best time that I have had so far is the incoming tide or any change of tide for that matter. But during peak high it has been very slow for me, maybe out further it is diffrent but in and around the hook along with great kills it has been a very slow bite at peak high

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
parking k and just walk out to the beach ,that whole stretch there is preety good

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well the bite was not on yesterday.. we set up at the first beach an hour and a half before high tide, and the wind was roaring... we left 2 hours after high tide, with not a single fish.

Lots of guys fishing for such a miserable weather day. The only fish we saw was a snapper blue that a seagull had managed to grab and the bunker we had for bait.

I always seem to miss the good days on the hook by a day or two. Maybe I should take up badminton. [confused]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.