New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out?

Buddy and I are thinking about going out saltwater fishing on Monday 1/2 since we both have off, if the weather cooperates.

What do you recommend? I'm thinking of going out of Point, Brielle, or Belmar on a boat...bottom fishing? Blackfish?

My buddy hasn't gone much, really wants to get more into it, so I thought it would be a good day to get out.

Fill me in, whoever is out there fishing the salt! ;)

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
im not sure but i think blackfish might be hitting...my technique is to go into 50 foot water and let it hit the bottom. i then crank it 4 times. i twitch it every 10 seconds and on the downfall they will hit...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I heard that Mackerel are running strong, so you might want to take advantage of that because it usually doesn't last long. Your other alternative is like you said, blackfish, or the far offshore trips for ling, cod, sea b [no swearing please] and blackfish. hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where out of? I'm not really a mackerel eating fan, but honestly haven't had many of them. I can see freezing them up for fluke bait tho! :)

Blackfish and sea b [no swearing please] on the other hand, mmmm mmmmm goooooood!!! [up]

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Red hot blackfishing lately. The mackeral are in Breille boat mugging them up.That would be fun for mack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts