New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got back from the Salmon River yesterday afternoon. We had a great time, the fishing was very good. Fished all day Sat. and Sun. morning. That was plenty, as we all had very sore arms from fighting fish. Between the four of us, we managed to land 9 Salmon. The water flow was higher than normal, and landing fish was tough to say the least. I must of had close to 30 hook-ups, and only managed to land 3 fish, which is more than enough, because these fish averaged 20+ lbs. Weather was beatiful, we fished in T-shirts most of the time.

Well anyway, I do have pics. that I don't know how to post, so who can I e-mail them to, to have them posted??

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Glad you had a good trip..[up] Those fish do get you sore!

I'll get the pics up for ya..

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I just got back on Saturday morning. Fished Wed-Friday. Fishing was good at most times but we had gale winds (60+) for much of Thursday which added to the excitement. Friday the water was up so it made the fishing difficult. Lots of fun with plenty of hookups.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bloodtrails, what areas of the river do you fish most. Where did you fish when the water was 1500 cfs on Friday? That flow makes it almost impossible to land them in.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
I have a spot just below the DSR that we usually go to when the water gets high. You need a boat to get to it but wade when we get there. Most other places are pretty tough in 1500cfs. You can still hook up but have little chance to get them in if they go downstream.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
You were using Fly rods huh!!! Excellent fighting I bet. One day I will get up there to fight one of them salmon [up][up]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts