New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they say you should not wear one UNDER you outer layer of camo. i do. (usually a savana on the outside) excluding you vest wearers, whats your call?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I never heard that before.I always wear mine under my savana suit also

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I guess it could "bunch" the jacket or shirt/vest, etc... in a manner that would choke you if you fell.

I've worn it like that before, and if you lean forward, the tree tether pulls the jacket into your throat.

I can see how it would definitely be potentially dangerous.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some thing about when you fall it all gets tight, and you cant move to get out of it, or cut it or do what you have to to get right again . OR like matty said

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
i alway wore mine under cause on the outside it pulled my jacket up to the middle of my back .found my self pulln n tugn on my jacket which was way to much movement.but if its unsafe will deffinatly have to change.thanks [smoke][up]

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
its important to make sure you dont wear it loose...you want it nice and snug...ive repelled from 40+ feet at work and if its not snug you will be sorry

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I wear mine underneath. However I believe they mean that running the harness down and out the bottom of you back is what there talking about. If you fell you would be hanging upside down. I normally run mine out the top.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
tryed to find info but nuthing on the way it should be worn inside or out but hunter safety systems advertises a safety harness that can be worn outside or inside

Fits over or under your hunting clothes with no bulkiness. Nice heavy duty straps

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
I wear it on the outside. You can be assured the straps are snug and on cold hunts its more comfortable on the outside whereas I don't even know I'm wearing it. From a safety factor its safer in case you needed to reposition or cut free from if in a worse case situation. The built in Bino clips are a plus for me to.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
I wear my harness both ways when Bow hunting I usually where it over my clothes when gun hunting its under.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
i just watched a safety video that came with my stand, and it said it can be worn over or under clothing, but has to be attatched through the collar not out the back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts