New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this safety zone written permission letter sufficient?

"I hearby allow Kris Krause to hunt on the opposite side of the pond which is less than 450 ft. from my house."

What if it just said:

"I hearby allow Kris Krause to hunt on the opposite side of the pond from my house."

And yes...there is only 1 pond...and yes..its obvious.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Kris, pretty sure it has to state that they are allowing you within 450 feet.

So by my understanding, only the first one would really cover you.

The more in depth, the more your rear is covered.

Have a good one---Matt

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
I think either would be ok, although if stopped it might put things in more perspective if the CO knows that you and the owner knew it was less than 450'. But either one seems legal as long as your more than 450' from other people's dwellings.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Go with the 1st letter. I honestly doubt any CO will be checking you but you can leave a copy on your dashboard and keep one in your pocket.

Does this place look "promising"?

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
"I hearby allow Kris Krause to hunt on the opposite side of the pond which is less than 450 ft. from my house."
I think it would be better if it said "I hearby allow Kris Krause and Andrew Wojtowicz to hunt on the opposite side of the pond which is less than 450 ft. from my house."
:D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
This is the letters that I have from the land owners from some of the properties that I hunt.
To Whom It May Concern:
I hear by give permission to _________________ to hunt near any structures on my property.
owners signature

your signature

and of course have it dated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts