New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today reading a thread here about the 150'bill,it's plain to see that one of our biggest opponents is www.safebackyards.com ,I went into their site to see what they're about and what they're trying to do. I was surprised to see many articles about how unsafe hunting is{BS} and a log of incidents from 2004 on. Then I noticed even articles taken out of magazines where people wrote that we shouldn't talk about wounded game etc.
At first you want to laugh for you can see these people are fanatics telling half truths and such,but then you quickly realize this is the very stuff they'll be using to fight against our bills. If those who are hearing our bills are "uninformed" you could only hope they can decipher the rhedoric of these folks but than again,this is NJ so don't assume anything.
I urge everyone on this site to think before you post for we don't need to give these wackjobs any ammunition[no pun intended] against us. I know I've posted some things in the general and xbow forums that to me seemed harmless and generally would "needle" someone in a debate,however these people like to cut out the tidbits they can use and dicard the rest. Not surprising from these left wingers. So please think before you post,some of you have never posted something they can use,but some of us have. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone for I'm guilty myself. My late father once told me "You learn something new everyday,if you don't then you're not paying attention".

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Maximus, you should go to the NJOA's web site to learn more about the 150' bill and the opposition of safebackyards and other groups. This bill is receiving National attention and the NJOA is leading the way for hunter's rights by promoting the bill and calling out the lies of these organizations.

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/

·
Registered
222 Posts
if you want to read something about the folks behind this group, the New Jersey Animal Rights Alliance (NJARA), check out this link:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/12251436/DHS-Eco-Terrorism-in-US-2008
I think page 9 and 10 mention NJARA.
This is a document from Homeland Security.
Keep it for future use when fighting animal rights bills and/or articles by these fanatics.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I know many here have spoken out about their right to say how they feel about hunting and writing about their experiences. But in this case WE can be our own worst enemy.

Good post Max [up]

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
this gave me a chuckle [lol] what do they want the kids to think? animal products are made from animals. just like salads are made from veggies. and bread is made from grains. why wouldn't you want K-3 students to know that?

is now distributing free interactive computer programs for use with students in grades K-3. One is called 'A Trip to the Mall,' in which children match pictures of animals with animal products, e.g., a cow inserted into a hamburger bun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts