Banned
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was posted earlier during turkey season
The attached article is from June 15th, yes the event was posted, this is about charging the father with a crime. Tough stance, not like he needs to be punished or needs rehabilitation, he probably needs therapy, I wouldnt be able to live with myself.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
The attached article is from June 15th, yes the event was posted, this is about charging the father with a crime. Tough stance, not like he needs to be punished or needs rehabilitation, he probably needs therapy, I wouldnt be able to live with myself.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This has been a really big deal up here because it's like the fourth one in a few years in a state of 600,000 people[confused]. There are almost no hunting deaths but the ones that have occured have been people pulling the trigger at movment in fields and bushes. And it keeps happening??? Is a turkey or a deer worth that much to people?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Always a sad story, I'm going to say something that will probably get a lot of flax, but I think hunting tests should be alot stricter and not pass people just to get them into hunting. I have seen more then my share of people in the woods who had no awareness of any safety precautions at all, such as walking around with gun barrels pointed at people, shooting at anything just to fire off their gun, walking with safetiess off and the list goes on. I have been hunting for 30 years and have run across many a people who in my eyes should have never passed the test.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Its sad that the kid got shot but, its just as sad that there going to charge the father with a crime.

I know legally they have to but Wow
Legally, they don't have to do anything. The decision to charge someone with a crime is up to the County prosecutor. He/She can either file the charges personally, or present the case to a grand jury and let the grand jury hand down an indictment. However, the prosecutor can certainly do nothing, and let the matter slide.

The Prosecutor's sole role in our society is "to do justice." That is the oath the prosecutor takes. Is it "justice" to charge this man in the death of his son from a horible and tragic accident? I don't think it is. Civil penalties: yes, Revoke the hunting license for life: yes, but criminal charges and prison: no

·
Registered
325 Posts
You don't shoot at sound our movement. I have four kids of my own and a huge piece of this dad has already died. the family is enough grief let them try to rebuild. Sending this guy up the river will only destroy the rest of the family

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm going to say something that will probably get a lot of flax, but I think hunting tests should be alot stricter and not pass people just to get them into hunting.
Put on your Flack Jacket.....

There are idiot hunters true, just like there are idiot car drivers ( some of which have PHD's) idiot pilots,( and air traffic controllers ) idiots in the military who partake in friendly fire, and the worst of all..... idiot parents who have...well, I digress....

The point here is we need less rules, more survival of the fittest, and stricter breeding controls! NOT TOUGHER ANYTHING.
Accidents will and do happen- stop punishing those who do the right things because of those who do not! Did you vote for Obama? (though that would get you....;) )

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
The point here is we need less rules, more survival of the fittest, and stricter breeding controls! NOT TOUGHER ANYTHING.
Accidents will and do happen- stop punishing those who do the right things because of those who do not! Did you vote for Obama? (though that would get you.... )

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you don't have anything nice to say. You can have an opinion but I can't? Aren't you still busy trying to string up that poor kid you wanted commited for an airsoft? Your the nutjob buddy. Next time you feel tough- pick on me. 973-216-9282 john strapp. Clown

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dude,

You come on this forum, "help- I want this kid arrested for bringing gun to school, I called my friend the cop , my two daughters .....Im calling the Governor, and you didnt even have any, ANY correct info, you just flew off the handle.

You are an ass clown. You pm me like your tough cursing at me- BE A MAN- call me _ Im not hiding like a coward behind a screen name- like you.

You want to regulate the world,I could care less about this hunting fatality. MY post is about YOU and wanting to have tougher hunting schools, You are the idiot. Now either STFU or grow a sak. Calling me names online and telling me my comments are farken stupid, is calling me out. Well- now im calling you out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.