New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to start a long story about this, but I will give some brief highlights of this story, I wish it was fiction as the reality is almost hard to type.

A long time ago my grandfather and grandmother took me in. My dad was in Vietnam and my mother couldn't really afford it in time or money as she was only 19 years old. When my dad got back from Vietnam he was pretty messed up in the head and on drugs really bad. He didn't want anything to do with me other then kidnap me when he had visitation everyother week. My grandfather would always come and bring me back to the safety of his home, which was now my home and would be till I graduated high school.

He taught me many things about life and the outdoors, as he had more time and experience then most dads. I have wrote a few words in my life and these are the hardest I've ever written.

To put my story in a word. "CANCER" it doesn't just kill it's host. I have been with him everyday and started stay with him at night as he wants to be at home. His dignity is to be admired. I'm going to miss him, he has always been my best friend.

Pop! I love you.
Ryan

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
so sorry ryan, my condolences.....[sad]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
:(:( My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
I just lost my father in-law to cancer ww. It is so hard to see a strong man battle this disease. Be strong and God bless.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Ryan, I know what you are going through and I cant tell you how sorry I am. Cancer is an evil disease. And to watch what he is going through and not be able to help makes you feel completly helpless and frusrated. Too see what he once was ,diminish so quickly. Its just so hurtful. Agian Ryan, I am so very sorry for what you and Pop are going through. If you want to talk let me know.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
God Bless you and your family Ryan. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Ryan,

so sorry. i'm sure he will be sorely missed. my thoughts and prayers are with you. he sounds like a great man with a great deal of love for you.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Oh man Ryan this is tough for you it will change your life. I'm deeply so sorry to hear this. God bless you and your family.I will put this into my prayers with out ceasing on this. This sucks for you and sucks for us to have to hear your pain.

Just remember one thing, you are you because of him this day.
God Bless

Cat

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
My prayers go out to you and your family.

I know first hand as my brother has been stricken with cancer on 3 different occassions, and he is still only 12!

Mike

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'm sorry for your sorrows.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts