New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today from my aunt whose step father owns the property that I hunt on that they began PERG testing the property. They are looking to subdivide the property in 4 acre lots. The property is 250 acres. I have had a great time hunting there the past 6 years. The property was right along rt 80 between mm 16 and 14. What gets me is that 1/3 is wetlands. She did say that they may still hunt part of it. We'll see, but I don't think it will be the same.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Shame of it is, it's happening all over. I'll bet there is not one person that has been hunting for awhile that has not seen some of their favorite hunting grounds swallowed up by new construction. And as far as wetlands go, if a developer has the $$$$$, he will get the permits:(
And your right, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to have to go out and try to find some more property. I have a small parcel in zone 8 near Ken Lockwood Gorge I can hunt but there are too many people. But I might try.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
mpemt24, that totally sucks! I know the feeling. I lost my only 2 properties in 2003 within two weeks time. One property was a change in ownership, new owner had a friend with a gun club, and end of story. This property was located off 78, Exit 24 right across from Merck. This place is loaded with deer. Then if that wasn't enough, I had 13 acres in BERNARDSVILLE, that the owner decided to put an 8' tall fence around the whole property. So many deer that they were just doing so much damage to the landscaping and so he put up the fence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts