New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a really nice 8 this morning at 10 am just cruising a field edge not 60 yards from a busy road. I stoped to look at him a bit, he looked back then continued walking the edge. Worked a scrape then continued along the field. His mind was definetly else where this morning!!

Too bad I was running errands and not hunting.
Although, I do still need a doe first...

-dan

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thats cool Dan.

Did you get any bow permits?

I got one for zone eight. Sat this morning till almost 12. Saw a few small bucks chasing does, and had some different does come within range later on, but I was waiting on the big boy today! :)[up]

Kris filmed the hunt, but had to leave early. The only deer he got on film was a small spike that came to some grunts I did. He did get to see the small bucks chasing does, but that was on his way out, and he had already packed the camera away. Oh well.:eek:

Good luck when you get out there Dan! [up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If I told you, Id have to kill you!;):p:D:D:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
where in zone 8?
Ok, you twisted my leg...

I hunt in the woods. Man, I really didnt want to give away my secret location.:eek::D:D:D

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I hunted zone 8 over the years and really enjoyed it. You would be hard pressed not to see deer in zone 8. It is amazing after the way it gets pummeled during SLOBgun season.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
You will be amazed at what you see in the woods. You should definitely give it a try![up]:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
At least he found the woods now!!!!
Hey, whats that supposed to mean?[mad]:D:D:D

Actually, I dont get it, if you could explain it, that would be great!:eek::D

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hunted Zone 2 from 5.45am to 9.15am and saw a lone 3pt cruising with his tail at half mast. Then saw a tiny spike and a small buck chasing a doe and her yearling. It was 31 degrees when I pulled in and then 63 when I left around 10am. Didnt see a ton of sign but would think the rut is builsing. Going in the AM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts