New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Mainly hunt zones 1,2,4 and 5. In zones 1 and 2 I have seen rubs popping up a lot more and my mock scrapes are not only being hit but real ones are becoming more visible. I have grunted in several small bucks and have observed some light chasing in 2 and 5. Just curious what you guys are seeing. Next 2 to 3 weeks should be good!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I haven't seen much for chasing up here in zone 8&9, but I've heard a bit of grunting. I can't wait to see the action pick up .

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Got some scrapes starting on the field edges in 14. No real chasing yet. Still have some bucks traveling together. Clean hocks too. But, any day.....

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
In Zone 5, I'm seeing the younger bucks harassing does, and plenty of rubs...I'm also seeing new older bucks on the cams but only late at night....Only one fresh scrape so far

Reactions: OneShot1kill

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Zone 36 has some chasing by the young boys. Haven't seen any big guys dogging does yet. Rubs are everywhere

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
All deer with a milk ring still on their lips by me in zone 2 so far. I think it will get better on the 27 th or 28 th good dates normally for some older bucks to get up and about.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm seeing more and bigger scrapes everytime I've gone out in zone 9.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
zone 5 and 7. no rubs or scrapes yet. I rattled in a spike the other day and a 4pt a couple days later. grunted in a doe a week and a half ago and she had a 4pt hot on her trail. the most amusing thing is this young spike who has been chasing a group of 5-6 does around my yard every evening. I was watching them for about 20 minutes the other night. finally, this big mature doe stopped and squared off with him. she probably outweighed him by 35lbs. he stopped, looked her up and down, and decided to leave her alone. he continued to chase the other ones around though

·
Registered
429 Posts
....My son said he has been seeing bucks starting to following the does....

Anthony:)

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
I have a 4 pt. that comes to eat corn at my house every evening at dark. Well, he is standing out there eating now. Not sure if it's the weather that's making him come out midday or if he's feeling frisky. Found some scrapes yesterday also, the first ones I've seen where I hunt. Zone 5.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have found rubs and scrapes in zones 8 &12. Rubs only in zone 10. Not a lot of either anywhere where I hunt yet. trailcam activity seems to be picking back up with some new bucks showing up, but no shooters yet.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I was actually gonna start this same thread today. I finally have a mid day pic of a decent buck. I have a decent amount of does but have yet to see a buck with them. Judging by my cam and what I see in my travels, cruising has just started. I think we are gonna see some nice bucks killed this week, seems like they are just starting let down their guard a little bit. Im starting to get a woody!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
My observations in zone 5 are many of the bucks are still togeather. At home in zone 36, i have seen some young bucks trailing the does.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Interesting. I have not seen a bachelor group or ANY bucks together since late September

1 - 20 of 21 Posts