New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Scrapes and rubs... I could have sworn I heard a bit of sparring the other evening during my sit but I am not sure as it was windy.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I once kept hearing what sounded like distant sparring & later saw it was 2 barely bigger than buttons sparring

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Saw two spikes going at it a little yesterday morning. A lot of rubs in one spot and some big ones. You never know when you might catch one cruising. Had a nice 3 year old that I haven't seen before in the back yard yesterday at 616pm.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Saw two spikes going at it a little yesterday morning. A lot of rubs in one spot and some big ones. You never know when you might catch one cruising. Had a nice 3 year old that I haven't seen before in the back yard yesterday at 616pm.
Yep..that's why im back in tree instead of on beach even tho all i been seeing is flat even dinks not showing up lately

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Had two racked bucks making scrapes, racking trees grunting then a serious fight at last light last night, had a 3pt bumping a doe around on camera last week, and 8 on camera that looks like has a brow and g3 broke.

Also cleared a scrape that they use every year and jump start it with some of my own pee. Its been hit several times this week

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Almost got run over tonight by a doe being chased by a spike. No kiddin. Was standing on the ground and the doe ran by within 3 feet of me. Intense!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Last weekend was walking a field and saw a spike chasing a group of doe. Then a 4 or 6 point came chased him off and did the same. But that's about all I have seen.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I know it sounds ridiculous, as its simply way to early, but on Saturday night coming home around 8:30 pm, I had to come to a stop on an unnamed road in Sussex County because a beast of a 10 point was crossing the road nose to the ground completely oblivious to everything else....If it wasn't so early I'd say without a doubt he was trailing a hot doe.....So my guess is, that a doe came into season a month early Placing prime breading a month from Saturday or around November 16...So seeking chasing should kick in for the prime rut right around Halloween.

Reactions: delawareriver

·
Registered
620 Posts
the woods are blowing up with scrapes by me!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I know it sounds ridiculous, as its simply way to early, but on Saturday night coming home around 8:30 pm, I had to come to a stop on an unnamed road in Sussex County because a beast of a 10 point was crossing the road nose to the ground completely oblivious to everything else....If it wasn't so early I'd say without a doubt he was trailing a hot doe.....So my guess is, that a doe came into season a month early Placing prime breading a month from Saturday or around November 16...So seeking chasing should kick in for the prime rut right around Halloween.
Believe I've read up to 5% of does do come in during October.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts