New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations within an hour or two of Middlesex County. Looking for a campground that has a lot of privacy. Definitely don't want one with a pool, or waterpark. Just a quiet place to pitch a tent close enough to home that we can do it on a weekend. A river or lake setting would be a bonus

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Bear Creek Campground in Walpack. Campsite are on the Big Flatbrook, gets stocked every Friday. Gets a little crowded with other fishermen/campers the first few weeks of the season, then slows down. A water spigot and porto john are the amenities. The pool by the owners house is for seasonal trailer residents only. The Walpack Inn is next door, but other rhan that, the nearest town Layton is about 6 miles away, the nearest market is about 10. Alcohol is allowed if interested. Points of interest in the area are, The Delaware Water Gap National Rec Area, Buttermilk Falls is right across the valley, the Delaware River is over the next hill. Bushkill Falls is nearby in PA, hiking,fishing,hunting all over.
Call the owner Ken at 1-973-948-4384

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Jenny Jump State Park has "cabins' no running water (but there are bathrooms near by). You can also tent camp. It's a beautiful park with some great trails and there is also other parks near by that you can make short trips to.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Love doing a Delaware trip. Try to do several a year.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Round valley. But its either u paddle, boat, or hike to your campsite. Round valley camping is my favorite. I paddle my canoe out to camp grounds.
Does it ever get crowded at those sites? I paddled over there a couple of times in the canoe last summer and saw some folks picnicing, but it looked like they were just there for the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.