New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i have composed a scoring list for the contest.

squirrel/woodchuck= 1 point
grouse/woodcock/chukars/quail= 2 points
pheasant/rabbit= 3 points
raccoon= 4 points

IF YOU WOULD LIKE SOMETHING CHANGED, PLEASE POST (ON THIS THREAD) WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE CHANGED!

RULES: you may hunt private land, but you must only count (for points) only the amount of animals that can be taken on public land. Example: you hunt on private land and shoot 5 pheasants. you can only count 2 pheasants.

any weapon (that is legal to use for the game you are hunting) can be used. Example: you can hunt for squirrel with either muzzleloader or shotgun.

as for a prize? i do not know what it should be, but i think you should all make suggestions.

So far, the participants are: mack, dragthor, jex99in00, carlofunk, jersey jim, tjc, sxsshooter, bob r, and mystic guido. to enter, click the link above.

the contest starts when pheasant/quail/rabbit season opens. game shot before then cannot be counted. the contest also ends when pheasant/quail/rabbit season ends.

IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THE RULES, POST ON THIS THREAD EXPLAINING YOUR REASON.

THOSE ARE THE RULES FOR THE 2005 SMALL GAME HUNTING CONTEST! IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO EXPLAIN OR CHANGE ANYTHING, PLEASE POST ON THIS THREAD! DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS CONTEST! TO JOIN, GO TO THIS LINK AND CLARIFYING THAT YOU WANT IN! CLICK HERE TO ENTER NJ HUNTER'S SMALL GAME HUNTING CONTEST

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i guess you guys are satisfied with the rules. i was thinking the prize should be a gift card for cabelas just like the deer hunt prize. it should be enough for everyone on the winning team so im gonna give a heads up and tell you that you might have to make a donation for the prize. i will let you know when i find out how many people are in the contest and how many teams there are.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE IN THE NJ HUNTER SMALL GAME HUNTING CONTEST:

i just looked at a compendium. wood [no swearing please] will not be counted since it's season does not intervene with all the other game's seasons.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
wood [no swearing please] and grouse a harder to find then pheasents so the should be a higher point

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wood [no swearing please] are not going to be counted since their season does not intervene with any others so they wont be counted in the contest. i posted that above. these arent the set rules. they are pretty much a rough draft to look at and make suggestions.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
wood [no swearing please] nort zone oct. 20-nov 12
south zone nov. 12-nov.26 and dec.23-dec.31

small game starts
squirrel sept.24 to dec 3 dec.12,13,15-31 2005 to feb.20 2006

pheasent&chukar&rabbit/woodchuck
quail north of route 33 same dates

grouse oct.20 to dec.3 +dec.12,13,15-31 2005

quail south of route 33 nov.12 2005 to dec.3 dec. 12,13,15-31 2005 to jan. 31 2006

raccoon oct.1 2005 to march1 2006

from the 2005 hunting digest and the 2005-2006 migratory bird regulations

just so we have the dates listed and the wood [no swearing please] season does intervene
hope this info helps out

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oo wow...i reely over looked the wood [no swearing please] thing thanx. im gonna post a revised edition of the rules.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
no big deal if you have any other? just ask i'll try and help i'm not a big time small game hunter but i do get out every now and then
thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.