New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger P90 DC in 45 acp
Just picked this up from a friend, got a deal I couldn't say no to.
This was a safe queen he bought new way back when and virtually never shot.

I've always been a revolver guy, this is my first foray into semiauto so I know very little

Took it to the range (Central Jersey RP) and put two mags of JRP through it and it's shooting about 7" low at 25 yards.
Shot the second mag off bench rest to be sure it wasn't me - it wasn't

Non adjustable front sight, rear only side to side adjustments - and 7" is pretty damned low even to adjust for

Any ideas ??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds to me like your best option would be to replace both sights, if it is shooting that low. I will suggest that you look into a red dot sight also.
I put one on my pistol and I am VERY happy with it. It is sooo much easier to shoot.

I put the red dot sight on myself.. Easy peasey. Just had to make sure I bought the right one for the gun and the correct mounting plate. To replace iron sights might necessitate involving a gunsmith.

RayG

·
Super Moderator
8,171 Posts
Most of the time it is just sights in my experience. There is not much else to not fit properly and still operate. The red dot would certainly confirm this. I assume it groups well just low?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again, I'm a revolver, lever/bolt action guy making his first foray into semi-autos, so this is all new to me. I've done some reading up since this thread started and now I'm more confused then I was when I started it.

Any recommendations for sights that can be adjusted for vertical ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts