New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to say that I just found out about this forum the other day, wow!. That said, I have tried to go through a lot of the posts that relate to RTSP and have found a lot of great posts and, well, some not so great. First I would like to thank all those that have been to the range and I truly appreciate your support. Those that have had bad experiences or were treated less than they expected, well I can tell you this "We DO NOT tolerate disrespect to customers!!" Over the past year my partners and I have made it our goal to insure that every employee has a proper mind set of customer first attitude, no exceptions.

I hope that this forum will be as educational and enlightening as other forums I have found and joined.

Note: my contact information is attached to each post. I encourage any poster to contact me if they find that RTSP is not being held to the high standard that we expect.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the great establishment you provide for us to use. I love your range and joined the first time I went before the expansion. Everyone there has treated me terrific on every visit, especially Mike, Joe the RSO, Kevin, Brad, & Brian. Everyone that works there is helpful, kind, polite, & most important knowlegable about firearms of all types. Its become my favorite place for a weekly visit. one last thing I heard a rumor that RTSP was looking to build a long distance outdoor range in Franklin (Sussex county)? Can you confirm this? If true, I want to be outside a few hours before the grand opening to be the first guy at a port!
Reguards, Steve

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve thanks for the kind words, aaaaah SB5184 sorry can't help you with that one, lol. As far as the outdoor range, we are actively looking to further our business in many directions. An outdoor facility, with a 600 yard shot would be a great addition to any facility. Keep you posted....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Right to self protection

Ive had some good and some not so good experiences there. However Idid by my Glock 21 there. I think the prices are just a little absurd (high).

A 600 yard range would be cool though

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am a local who bought a high end 1911 form you when you first opened. I came in this winter to buy a M&P 15-22 for my brother for Christmas and I was told to buy a real gun! NEEDLESS to say I walked out and bought the gun elsewhere. Sorry, but I buy 3-4 high end guns a year and Despise that typical NJ gun store attitude.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are all about being transparent, so here goes. The gun business is not all what it seems as far as firearms sales per say. Generally, gun mark ups are anywhere from 20 percent to as high as 40 depending on the shop. We like to stay right at around 20%. Problem is some firearms leave you with to little room. For example, a glock msrp and normal standard puts us at around 13% markup or about $70 profit per gun. Yes that is 70 bucks for a $575.00 gun. Can't keep the doors open on that. Lol! Ask me what the prices should be and I will be transparent on the price. No BS here. Business is business. "Rangers lead the way"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ddsport, that is not the norm for my shop. Come in and find me and I promise I will make you feel whole. We have turn over a few employees that are knowledgable about guns, but suck at customer service. Baby steps always. It is not easy finding quality help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I understand that and that is why I am here. Takes a brave business to put yourself in this medium. I don't hold anything back. I want to be transparent and I hope that this forum will end up being an ally not a foe.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I understand that and that is why I am here. Takes a brave business to put yourself in this medium. I don't hold anything back. I want to be transparent and I hope that this forum will end up being an ally not a foe.
Got to respect that.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Peter Miscia, have any relatives from Madison? I finally found your place around a month ago and am impressed. For some reason I thought it was across from the DMV prior to that, LOL! As far as prices go, sometimes you have to look at different suppliers. I have seen a big disparity in prices just in north NJ alone. You can lower your prices with increased sales volume. Case in point was County Line Sport Shop in Hackettstown. Jeff Hart (RIP) started selling on Gun Broker (GB) and had a hard time keeping guns on the shelf. I just picked up a M&P 15 for $575 off of GB. There is a store locally that is now selling them for close to that price. This is not a criticism, just a suggestion. BTW, can I shoot a .223 AR 15 in your range?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I went to RTSP with my dad one day to show him around and I have to say you were great us. We went after the expansion and you showed us around the back where the classrooms and shoot house is located. The employee was great, took all our questions and did not rush to get us out. We told him we were only looking that day and didn't plan on buying, but he treated us like we were the only ones in the store. To me, you don't find service like that anymore. If you don't plan on dropping some money at the store, they treat you like crap (happened to me salmon fishing in Pulaski).

This was my personal experience with you guys and I am pleased to return. Shame not everyone had the same....

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
shot there , took Gun for Hire course there nice place people were decent to me. As far as pricing seemed normal to me.
Less and less competition in NJ these days. I did not become a member because I moved to central NJ a week after the course

·
Registered
570 Posts
I really like this place. I took their 2 day defensive handgun course and it was great. The instructors were very friendly and welcoming. I learned allot, had fun and met some good people. They have a large selection of handguns and I got a new Springfield SDX there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sxsshooter, I do have relatives in Madison and thanks all for the kind words. As you can imagine getting a shop up and running is no small feet, especially in NJ. That does not give us any more rights or privileges to treat customers unfairly or to be under appreciative to any customer who may enter the store. If you ever have a bad experience, inbox me and I will make it right. As far as shooting AR's, we allow up to .308 in our rifle range (25yrds) and have built a state of the art 12 laned handgun only (15yrd) range to seep rate the big bangers. In total we have 21 ports so wait times are definitely negligible.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Actually wait times become a non issue when you join the range IMO. During the week members have lane priority over non members. On the weekend days 8-10 am the range is members only. Members also get discounts on ammo, accessories, & FFL transfers. Membership has its privileges! Anyone that hasn't been there should really go check the place out. their rental counter is well stocked with many choices including SBR's. The simulator alone is worth the trip, just be careful its additive! As far as the prices go, they are pretty much in line with anyone else. But I give this challenge to anyone here crying, go to Dicks and ask one of the brain damaged counter help they hire a firearms expertise question. See what kind of answer your given, then go ask the same question at RTSP and compare the results. You get what you pay for. I prefer to give my money to the the guys doing the better job regardless of a price difference. Your getting more for your money but don't realize it.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts