New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ducati, we thought the same thing, but we were just inspected by both the ATF and the NJSP and both said that it was completely legal as long as the lockers are not accessible by the non-renting general public and they are in a secure locked space with individually lockable lockers.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
If Steve Swiney and Lorretta Swineberg have thier way you can open a high capacity magazine storage just across the border in PA and make a mint. Kinda like a safe haven for outlawed items in NJ.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I always wondered about the legality as well. I thought the only temporary transfers allowed were for gunsmithing?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I'm a member what is the deal with the lockers? It would be easy to leave my eyes, ears, targets and maybe a gun or two there. Less to carry on my weekly visit. I think this is a great idea. Especially if I don't feel like going home directly from the range.

Its not a transfer in my opinion, your not giving your gun to anyone. Your allowed to be in possession of your gun in your home or a destination where your allowed to posses said firearm. The range counts as that place. If you rent a house can your landlord just walk in whenever he feels like because he owns the place? No because you have a rental agreement, basically making that house your property while that agreement is valid. So whats any different if you rent a locker at the range? The inside of that locker is your property while your renting it, and your firearm is allowed to be there. I don't see the problem... keep in mind I'm a Plumber and not a Lawyer, but seems like common sense here.

As far as storing high cap magazines out of state, a PVC tube buried in the back yard is free and very easy to get to if the SHTF one day. Just saying...

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
I always wondered about the legality as well. I thought the only temporary transfers allowed were for gunsmithing?

It's not a transfer. No different than if you leased a condo down the shore or a cabin in the woods & kept a firearm that you own stored there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts