New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody remember a mountain goat that used to be seen alongside rt 78 near Phillipsburg? I remember always looking for it as a kid, and forgot about it until I drove by that area yesterday. My wife doesnt believe me.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I thought I was crazy... Really thought I saw one last year during Febuary. Turned around at next exit which was like 8 miles down the road and by time got back around could not remember exactly where it was and didnt see it again...

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I remember seeing them on my way to hunt in New Village,but just like the 2500 acres we hunted today nether one is there

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Wait, on the way back from Pa, last Monday, I noticed for the first time something sitting on a rock ledge. I thought it to be a statue, as I was driving by at 70. Didn't take notice of location though.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
there was only one goat up there and hes been long gone. he got loose from a farm or something. been dead for a long time.

·
Registered
962 Posts
There was a herd of 7-10 goats up there they belonged to a farmer who owned the land.Only 1 white goat.Friend of mine used to lease the ground.Never had to post the 78 side LOL.Griz

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
there was only one goat up there and hes been long gone. he got loose from a farm or something. been dead for a long time.
Only 1 white goat.Friend of mine used to lease the ground.Never had to post the 78 side LOL.Griz
Goat and land belonged to a Mr.May don't think he even lives there any more I asked him about that goat once and he told me he owned that billy and he would make trouble with the guy next door by eating his shrubs when the guy had had enough he told Mr.May that he was gonna shoot that goat if he didn't do something to solve the problem.
Mr. May took the goat to the back of his land and he stayed there till he died. Mountain goat no I think he was a Neubian still cool to see him up on the rocks back than bet it has been 8 to 10 years since I last saw him.

Reactions: Ms Grit

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Does anybody remember a mountain goat that used to be seen alongside rt 78 near Phillipsburg
The mountian lion got him[spy]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I thought I was crazy. I saw this about two weeks ago while headed out to Cabelas. It was a large sheep or goat with horns bedded on a rock ledge.

Crazy...I figured it must just be loose from a local farm.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts