New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a large deer with its head cut off on route 22 west near the garden center with all the sheds(between white castle and 287) I guess someone had to put a mount on their wall or needed some rattling horns!! LOL

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I see at least 4 or 5 deer without heads every year on Rt. 18 right near the Oasis Ford dealership....

I'd like to think they get hit by cars, and guys are just taking the heads. I really hope nobody is poaching them.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
If you ever go to Ray's Sport Shop those big bucks came right from behind the store. There are some bruisers is that strech of road. Chimney Rock, or the rock quarry as is known is own by Stabola. Some of the biggest buck I have ever seen are up on that mountain. I believe that is Green Brook right p [no swearing please] the railroad tracks on your left going west on 22.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
They must be doing it at night. I can't imagine someone not noticing someone hack off a deer head during the day.

David

·
Registered
546 Posts
A deer with no head would be more offensive to anti hunters than a dead deer hit by a car, what are people thinking? Besides that...why does it take the road crews so long to pick up the dead deer here?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Besides that...why does it take the road crews so long to pick up the dead deer here?
F&G funding for roadkill removal was reduced several years ago..under Florio, I believe. It hasn't been reinstated since.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Fred Space of Space Farms gets the Local Municipalities to bring the road kills to his farm. He feeds the Lions with the roadkills. I have been there when they offloaded over 20 roadkills. The Lions are amazing because they smell it within a minute of the truck arriving and start going crazy with gutteral sounds and moaning.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Fred also puts out a small panphlet on how to use all parts of a deer for consumption. When I get a chance I will post it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts