New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to check my spot for the opener for Bear and Deer in Zone 1. The local Cops from Randolph (I think that was the town) were pulling every one over that was speeding on rt-15. Never seen anything like it, going up and coming back the same thing. I finally saw that place that I hear u guys talk about Billy Bobs, the guy that went belly under, and had luch at the Golden Arches right there in town. What a beautifull area of Sussex county. This is the first time that I'm spending the opener out of Hunterdom county.
I din'd see many deers on the fields, till I hit that Doge place and to the right of it there is a field fence in. WOW those doe's look like horses and there was a nice 8 pointer with them, that was on the South bound side on 15. Every deer I saw up there looks bigger then the deers in hunterdom county.

B

·
0 Posts
El Jefe, where in bear zone 1 will you be? I'll be in that zone also, MONTAGUE AREA.

12:30 pm I was on my way home on rt 206 south, just before YETTERS DINER, there is a field, and eating corn was a 5 pointer I was saying to myself "YOU SOB":p

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spend the whole day with him sighting in. I have my bear tagged already, is the one with the white chest:D:D
Yes we have hit it off real good and he invited me to hunt with his family. So I took out a zone 1 bear permit. I will be hunting behing and to the other side of the fire house next to a swamp.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
U gotta see the line of cars coming down Rt 15 in the morning all headed to NYC or Morristown. IT's the reverse when I go home from our club off Rt565 near the Cardinal's stadium. The roads can not handle all of these cars and they continue to build like crazy up there. What a shame.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Rt 15 is ALWAYS a speed trap. If you speed you WILL get nailed. I have been traveling on it for the last 15 years daily and it didn't take me long to learn my lesson. Lucky I have cops in the family[cool]

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
There's cops all over up there. Alot when you get passed the shopping areas. Most people think once clear of that they could open it up to 65 or more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts