New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ever shore fish for rainbows at round valley. I was reading this article and talked about that tons of rainbows come to shallows from mid oct through dec. I am definately going to check that out. Any one ever done that?

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I used to plenty of times when I was younger. Pack a lunch and take a hike. just obey the laws and rules. They tend to check shore fisherman, so leave your beverages at home and don't liter. We were stopped years ago with a few beers, since we had the empties all together in a garbage bag we got off with a warning. Most slobs would have tossed them in the woods and would have been in trouble. He must have been in good shape to walk that far to check us. Other than that we were all legal. Have fun[up].

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have fished from the shoreline and had good luck last year around this time frame (Oct. thru Nov.)Try using a small marshmellow with a piece of nightcrawler. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 02 Oct 2005 5:22 PM

Currently Offline Posts: 3
Any ever shore fish for rainbows at round valley. I was reading this article and talked about that tons of rainbows come to shallows from mid oct through dec. I am definately going to check that out. Any one ever done that?
I have tried it in the early spring using a 3/4oz Kastmaster. Supposedly the lake trout come up in the shallows at that time and attack spoons. I had no luck.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Yup, you can hunt in certain areas of round valley same goes for spruce run. But each year the water comission keeps reducing the areas. Spruce run now has a 450' from SHORELINE on some parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts