New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
They have a ranger office there. Maybe you could call them?

Round Valley Recreation Area Mailing Address:
1220 Lebanon-Stanton Road Lebanon, NJ 08833-3115
(908) 236-6355

This is the info I got at the following page:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/round.html

Boating
A public boat launch is located north of the day use area, which is regulated by the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife. Sailboats, canoes, kayaks, motor boats (up to 10 horsepower) and three chambered inflatable vessels are permitted on the reservoir and must be registered through Motor Vehicle if over 12 feet in length. NJ Boating Rules & Regulations pertain to Round Valley Reservoir at all times. Each person must have on a wearable Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD). Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.

A parking permit must be obtained through the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife to access the reservoir at the public boat launch, or a copy of your fishing, hunting or trapping license must be placed on the dash board of your vehicle.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I believe if you use the ramp, a ramp user permit, or a copy of your fishing license made viewable on your dashboard or rear window is required.
Then again, with the yak, you can probally launch to the left or right of the ramp and avoid using it all together.
Go to Spruce Run and fish for some hybrids, once you catch one especially in the kayak, you'll never fish for trout again....[up]

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
I wouldnt go to spruce run in a kayak....that water is nasty!!! anyway, yes I do believe u need a permit, if u have a fishing license than I think that is all u need tho

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
if you have a fishing liscense your OK. If not you need a divison launch pass.

Boat Ramp Maintenance Permits

Any vehicle used to transport or launch a vessel or water conveyance on the following WMAs must have affixed to the lower corner of the driver’s side rear window a Boat Ramp Maintenance Permit or a photocopy of a valid hunting, fishing or trapping license showing the Conservation ID Number (CID#). Boat Ramp Maintenance Permits may be purchased for a fee of $15.00 from any license agent or the Division's license Web site (under "Wildlife Management Area Use Permits").

1. Round Valley Reservoir, Angler Access
2. Assunpink WMA, Assunpink Lake
3. Assunpink WMA, Stone Tavern Lake
4. Assunpink WMA, Rising Sun Lake
5. Dennis Creek WMA, Dennis Creek
6. Tuckahoe WMA, Tuckahoe River
7. Mad Horse Creek WMA, Mad Horse Creek
8. Union Lake WMA, Union Lake
9. Menantico Ponds WMA, Menantico Ponds
10. Prospertown Lake WMA, Prospertown Lake

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
pretty sure you need a permit OR a valid fishing license.[up]

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
fish for some hybrids, once you catch one especially in the kayak, you'll never fish for trout again
im going to lake assunpink to kayak fish for them

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
round valley you need a sound device could be just a wistle they sell them at lebanon bait at the valley jig buck tails in 70 -100 ft of water for the lakers
and spruce run is clean just not gin clear like the valley merril creek is another good choice lots of standing timber

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Just an FYI Round Valley gets extremely dangerous wake during storms. It will be tough to control that Kayak in some of the weather I have experienced on the Reservoir. In fact it's so bad that they have towers with sirens to clear the reservoir during storms. A kayak may be difficult on round valley on a stormy day.

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an FYI Round Valley gets extremely dangerous wake during storms. It will be tough to control that Kayak in some of the weather I have experienced on the Reservoir. In fact it's so bad that they have towers with sirens to clear the reservoir during storms. A kayak may be difficult on round valley on a stormy day.
Is Merril Creek as bad as Round Valley, when it gets crappy out? And also what is the depth of Merril Creek? [confused]

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
merrill creek goes over 180 in spots. its deeper than round valley but not by much. round gets about 160 in the back by the drop off

and no I do not live up there. and yes that water is nasty as hell...u cant even see 3 inches down in the water. The only reason I go there is for pike season just after the ice goes away I wont be back till then

1 - 20 of 20 Posts