Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had geese come into my spot after shoot time.there roosting
On the water. My question is will they be there in the morning
Sorry for dumb question . It's my first season so I am learning
As I go. Thanks

·
Banned
5,319 Posts
That is true, and geese usually keep the same pattern....the way they came in will be the way they leave...so set up 100yards from your spot in the direction they flew in....atleast that's what we did in the past..

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
They will be there in the morning but I bet they take off before legal shooting time, Thats what they always do where I hunt they seem to always fly off while its still dark out.

·
Banned
601 Posts
They will be there in the morning but I bet they take off before legal shooting time, Thats what they always do where I hunt they seem to always fly off while its still dark out.

thats because you're probably pushing them out....geese are lazy

·
Registered
481 Posts
geese are lazy
amen they usually dont move first light ever unless disturbed some areas i hunt near border sanctuarys and those lazy bums will fly out at almost 9 am because no one bothers them in there

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm done by 9am there all off to the fields

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
On the roost the colder it gets the later they will take off. They seem to like to warm up first. Hunting the roost is a gamble as you might push them out for good. I have a spot I wait for ice to start forming but this year happening much later.

·
Registered
448 Posts
PM sent tik. I have a few spots you can put that new hole on the water to some good use at. A couple of my spots took a hit with low water I can't get the boat back in but they are loaded up with geese.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Rookie! Stupid Question! Your calling is scaring them off!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts