New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some fishing rods repaired. Does anyone now of a reasonable place in the Warren/Hunterdon area?

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 45 year old 6wt Fenwick fly rod that needs an eye and a good going over.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spare time...that seems to be all I have. I'll have to find the right parts and get it done.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I looked into doing mine myself. but by time you buy all the thread and stuff, you spent more money. I have to get an eye done about every ten years or so.

I was told that Hi-Way Sports on 31 in washington does them. Have not stopped in to ask yet though.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I have taken my rods to Sportsman Center in Bordentown, a little far for you but they did it quick and I thought the quality was good too. I understand they don't do it on-site, not sure where they send it.
As far as doing it yourself, fun winter project to build your own rods, you will need the supplies like you said, but if you got into it, it is very rewarding. I have built lots of rods, last ones I built were stand ups. Nothing more gratifying than catching a pair of tuna and looking over at your Dad and seeing him struggling with a fish on the rod you built.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I think it's a little far but i just dropped off some reels and a st croix rod at newark sinker on rt 46 in fairfield. 2-3 wks to get back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I build and repair rods, but I live in Ocean county. If you get the eye for it,I will put it on and re-appoxyed it for free. I enjoy doing that kind of stuff and its not worth charging someone $5 to do that kind of work. Pm if you are interested.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies and for the offers. I found a guy through a friend right here near home who will handle it. [up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts