New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any opinions on these heads? This is my first year using a "cut-on-contact" mechanical. They performed satisfactory for me but I am not totally convinced. I hit the big doe a little far back and thankfully on a slight quartering away shot. The arrow sliced the liver and hit one lung. Distance traveled was about 60 yds.

Entrance:

Internal Entrance:

Internal Exit:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I am shooting the G5 Tekkan II's. They have 1 fixed blade and 2 rear sliding blades, which means they dont fold open on impact, they slide back on impact making it less likely for them to not open. I started using them last year, and only took one deer with them, then this year I took 3 with them, and none of my deer went more than 50 yards!!! They are quite pricey tho, little over $30.00 for 3, but you can get replacement blades also.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Snyper has the same two blade "cam-action". The one thing I dont like is the rubber band. To me it is the weak link. Maybe its my quiver but many times I look and see the blade section slightly opening as the rubber band has slightly rolled down. Or it is griping unevenly and one blade is starting to open. The deer I shot yesterday though I had put 2 rubber bands on the broadhead. It still performed adequately with the increased friction of the 2 rubber bands.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I am using the Rocky mountain Snyper XP3's. they are the three blade design of the snyper and open differently. The so called "cam action" of the blades opening is supposed to reduce the blades tendency to kick out on hard angle shots. i have shot three deer with them so far this year. The first two deer, a doe and eight point went down ater 15-20 yards. the last doe traveled only 35-40 yards. So far i am extremely happy with how they are performing.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the looks of those... What keeps the blades closed in flight??? Although the one I used worked I know there are better ones on the market...
I'll stick with them for now because it's a little late in the season to change.
Here's a pic of the Snyper...

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It has an o-ring that holds the blades i'd have to show you so you can see cause its not holding it like you think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts