New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
How would you harvest a deer from your vehicle? Unless you either hit it or you are hunting illegally.

David

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Road hunters should have their hunting license revoked... and then locked up in prison for endangering the lives of humans.

Same goes for guys who shoot road signs. Gives us all a bad name.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
i dont think its a thrill to harvest deer from a truck or car
It happens to be a real challenge to get a deer to go in your truck and then shoot it. It's much harder than you think. I don't do it because it ruins your interior.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
This past Saturday I was pheasant hunting at the Flatbrook. My father and i were standing on the side of the road waiting for my 2 brothers. A bird was flushed a few fields up the road, the hunter missed and the bird flew down the road. These 3 A-holes ran up the road firing. Where is a game warden when you need one?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
My Definition for Road hunter is:

A person who hunts Trails, logging roads someone who doesn't like going to far into the woods.

For instance, one of my uncles who is 70 years old, hunts the trail path to our hunting stands. He waits and goes in when its light out already, [no swearing please] he shot lots of deer that way.

Anyone who hunts from a vehicle without just cause is a poacher!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
It is a challenge! I am still trying to get my first buck with a car or truck. I have 3 Does since I started driving at 17 but not one buck! Hunting Deer with a vehiclke is harder than with a Bow in my opinion.

All kidding aside...In West Virginia it is legal to harvest a deer from the side of the road as long as you are standing off the road you are legal. I don't think it is "Hunting" in the true sence of the word but it is Legal in some states.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Road hunting is one thing. Shooting from a vehicle is legal in a few states with exceptions.

I believe NJ allows disabled hunters to shoot from a vehicle.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I dont belive that it is ethical unless one is disabled. As far as hitting deer with the car, My family and i have taken out four deer. I have been in the car for everyone of them. Driving from Mendham back to Long Valley in the dark is like running the deer gauntlet!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I was pheasant hunting at the gun club in Alpha on Monday. While walking in the fields I noticed a small Jimmy/SUV across the street riding through those fields along the edge of the woods. It wasn't hard to figure out what they were doing as they were wearing orange. They went all the way down the fields really slow and then came back out. At first I though someone was just being lazy and getting a lift to a stand. Nope, just hunting from the vehicle, same as road hunting.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
At a farm, Gary Holzeburg or something like that. You go back over Rt 78 and it's out about 2 miles on left. Farm Preservation land.
We lease it for bird hunting but we don't have deer rights. Too bad too, I've seen a bunch of deer there. At least 1 130 cl [no swearing please] 8 pt and a smaller 6 pt.
Crap load of does in the area too.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Got me swinging. I just know how to get there. Off 78 west and make the right at the first light. Go down to Quick Check make a left. Go to Enright gas station make a right. Go up and over hill. When you see 78 you make the left and go over it. Go out that road about 2 miles to the top of the hill. That is our property. Entrance on bottom of hill. The farmer's name is Gary and has a landing strip on his property as well as 2 planes. Nice guy and very friendly towards the club.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
There are some deer stands on the property so someone hunts deer there. But we can't. The problem as I see it for that property, there is no cover to hold them there. Although we've jumped a couple in the sorgum patches when bird hunting, there is no where for the deer to really bed etc. It is most likely a very good real early morning or late afternoon spot.
The fields across the street back up to the wooded area that one of the guys said runs down to the river. I could see that side being real good as there are always deer in the fields and they have a place to go to bed.
Oh well doesn't matter since I have no place out there to hunt deer anyway. [sad]

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
These 3 A-holes ran up the road firing.
I'm not sticking up for these slobs but,
All though they ran up the road shooting and putting people and dogs in jepordy besides them selves. It is legal to shoot from the roadside as long as you are not in a safty zone (IE.) No houses across the street, and you are not shooting ACROSS the road. Check your digest for this verification.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I ROAD HUNTER
I put the hound on top of the dog box & ride along until the hound smell his quarry. Then it's off to the races. This is a legal form of hunting in EVERY state as long as the gun is unloaded & cased.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts