New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my Dad and Mom set up on a couple nice birds. The toms would not leave the hens in the field. After a couple hours Dad went home to take care of the horses. When he left he saw 3 toms in the field making thier way toward my Mom. When he was done feeding the horses he went back to catch up with my Mom. On the way he sees a white car parked on the side of the road next to the field. This field has a road on each end. By the time Dad gets around to the other side the birds are flying across the road. The guys in the car are in reverse driving down the road. When they see my Dad they pull off the road. Dad drives past as the guys act like they are reading a map. He watches in the mirror as one of them gets out of the car and runs into the field. Next he sees the guy running back to the car with the big tom. Now he turns the truck around and races back to the car. They are trying to shut the trunk but are having trouble keeping it closed. Dad jumps out of the truck and starts calling them every name in the book. They plead for my Dad to take the turkey and not call the CO. They have just broken every rule you can break when turkey hunting. Mom was just in the woods and seen the whole thing happen right in front of her. Not knowing see was in the woods she could of been shot by these a$$holes. Mom has MS and it is hard for her to get around real good. These slobs stole what should of been her turkey. CO was notified so hopefully they get something out of it. He said there are multiple tickets coming.

·
Registered
13,234 Posts
what JO's glad your mom and dad are ok that is what is most imporant. My father is 59 and has MS he has to use two canes. Its a horable disease he had to stop hunting only a couple years after teaching me.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
JO's I hope they get the book thrown at them...!!![mad][down][down]

·
Registered
7,285 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just found out the same guys shot two does during buck week. My uncle caught them next to his property trying to get the deer out of the field. They beat the charges because he did not see them shoot. These guys do not belong in the woods.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts