New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 870 express and was looking to put a rifled slug barrel on it. Any suggestions on make, length, etc.? I want something with a cantilever scope mount. Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Hastings Barrel with cantilever scope mount. Best barrel on the market. M-870, 2 3/4" & 3", 24", Scope Mount

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
Remington has 2 lengths to choose from...Hastings is also a good choice and it is probably cheaper...

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I paid $259.00 for mine back in 97 I am not sure what they are going for now. But they are sold through Basspro and online.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have an 870 and just got the special slug, the longer of the 2 with the cantilever barrel. It shoots nice. I like it.

It was like $285 total.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I like the Hastings heavy contour cantilevered barrel and Remington Copper solids [up][up]

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
why not just get the rem that they make? I've got the cantleaverd one on my 1100 for long shots, and on my 870 I just have the regular slug barrel with a rifled choke tube. I use that gun for the thick stuff.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
MS22 for that kind of money I buy the 20 gauge H&R, its an awesome tack driver at 100yds. Its on special for 200 dollars at Sportsman Center. I bough one two years ago, only gun I use if I want to reach out and touch something. For heavy cover my BPS 10 with 00 or #1 is like a lawn mower, good out to 70 yds.:D

·
Registered
949 Posts
I use the Remington 870 express cantilever black synthetic. Other guys in the club bought the express with a hastings cantilever barrel.

G

·
All of them are great choices, also ITHACA makes the rifled/cantilever barrel for the 870, and a few other gun companies, for about $170

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
I have a smoothbore slug barrel for my BPS 10 that is pretty accurate to 100 yards with a 1 3/4 oz Federal rifled slug.(yes,it hits HARD!)
I have a Rem 1100 w/ factory rifled barrel and a Leupold scope that is pretty accurate for the longer shots.
I had a Hastings rifled barel on a Rem 870 Wingmaster that liked standard BRI's.
I heard those Ithica barrels are good for the money if you can get one.Ithaca is having business troubles again and may not be producing any more.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Go with buying the Ultra slug hunter, cant beat the price and the guns perform "AMAZINGLY" I shot a buck at 125 yards last year with one, squeeze the trigger where
ever you put the crosshairs it hits it !!!!!! Plus you have another gun........[up][up][up][up]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts