New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the bow test last year at Black River WMA... should have taken the rifle/muzzy test while I was there.

I bow hunted just about every morning in Oct. and Nov. The deer were either too far away... or did not have at least 3 points on one side. (I let a couple of doe go).

Frustrating... maybe I will whack one this year with my bow.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I just bought a muzzleloader in January. I am going to try to take the test on March 19. I have to register. My cousin said he would take it too. I might try to get my dad to take it too. I have the the gun, he might as well try it.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
YOU CAN ALSO USE THE STATE GUN TO SHOOT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN YOU GUN JUST TO FIRE ONE OR TWO SHOTS. YOU DO NOT HAE TO BE PROFICENT WITH THE GUN LIKE WITH THE BOW.SO IT IS BEST TO USE THE STATE GUN AND SAVE THE EXTRA WORK. :D

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
IF YOU WANT TO COME TO CLINTON ON MARCH THE 12 I WILL BE WORKING IN THE CL [no swearing please] ROOM. :)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I was thinking of going March 19, my weekend off. I will will probably use the state gun then. I just bought the muzzy, but working on the house I just bought, working, wedding plans for April, and starting a background investigation for county corrections, I haven't had time to sight it in and become familiar with it.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear ya mpemt24. I bought a new knight wolverine a couple of months ago... still have not shot it yet.

Although that might change this weekend... I am heading to my parents Pocono house in Carbon county PA. There is a nice state range outside of Jim Thorpe.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I took it in Bayonne at some indoor range and essentially all they want to see if how you handle the gun. We used one of the state's guns and all you did was load and shoot. Heck--half the people missed the target!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'll be at worthington april 24..they don't have records pre 1970 and i have no idea where my bow safety course card is..can't get a bow license in colorado or ny without it...while i'm at it i'm getting black powder...

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck dirtfarmer. I took the bow test last year... I should have taken the muzzey/rifle while I was there. Oh well.

Make sure you practice! Gotta hit 3 out of 5 arrows in the vital area of a fake deer.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I received my rifle permit application and rifle/muzzy hunter education card today. [up]

Looks like I should wait until 7/1 to send in my money since it expires 6/30.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts