New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quincy FL Deer Hunt Dec 18-19

December 18th-19th, 2009 Near Quincy, Florida

Some very generous landowners, sponsors and volunteers will be conducting a rifle deer hunt for disabled and ill hunters. The hunt will begin at noon on Friday December 18th and end after the evening hunt on Saturday December 19th. The hunt will be provided at no cost to the hunters.

Hunting will be done on fields and cut lanes for bucks only on Friday, and bucks and does on Saturday. Baiting is legal and will be used on some locations. The land is flat and very accessible. Guides will be provided for each hunter, as well as game care, and some meals will be prepared for you. Ill and disabled hunters are encouraged to apply. The landowners will select participants from the applications.

Hunters will need to pay their own lodging and license cost if drawn for the hunt. At this time we plan to stay at the Holiday Inn Express or another hotel near Quincy, FL.

To apply for the hunt, please answer the questions below and email your replies to [email protected]. Drawn hunters will be notified at once.

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT ATTENDING.

1. Full Name

2. Complete Mailing Address plus email address

3. All Phone Numbers

4. Age

5. Type and Extent of Disability or Illness?

6. Number of Deer Taken Since Disabled/ill?

7. If in wheelchair, manual or electric?

8. What Kind of vehicle will you bring to the hunt?

9. If selected, will you have to bring a non-hunting attendant with you?

10. How long have you been disabled/ill?

11. How often did you hunt last year?

To apply for the hunt, please answer the questions above and email your replies to [email protected] ASAP.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only dream of these offers...just to far for me. I wish I could travel [many quads do] but it's to much of a pain to get removed in and out of a wheelchair. Especially when it comes to people [i.e. flight attendants, aides or others] who are unfamiliar with one's seating position, skin breakdown/preasure sores are all to common. Something I don't have and wouldn't wish it on anybody.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.