New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were all on the road by 2:30 am heading to Point Judith to fish with Capt. Tony. The weather was crappy from the start but we all agreed to go rain or shine. An man did it rain!
Mother nature was going to make us all suffer at some point during the day if we wanted fish. After loading the boat with enough gear for two days we were headed out towards Block Island. We drifted eels for three & half hours picking at fish from 12 to 30lbs. We had everything from fog, wind, rain to bright sun. But no matter what, Capt Tony put us on fish and we did the rest. We boated 16 keepers and four good fluke over 21 inches.
Fluking was tuff with wind against the tide but we still had plenty of action with a ton of fish in the 17 - 19 inch range. Looking forward to another trip in Aug. Here are a few pics of the guys.
Travis

Mark

Super X

John

Me

Cat. Tony

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
nice work buddy...sounds like a great trip[up]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Awesome fish great job gentlemen

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
No bunker, eels. Live lining eels was pretty cool, no weight and 17 lb test on the spinning rods. Tony always puts on fish[up]. Larry also caught a keeper sea bass on an eel, can't imagine what that thing was thinkin when he tried to swallow an eel twice the size of him.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I love Rhode Island, Fantastic for Stripers! Great looking fish man, Good Job [up]

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm leaving for BI in a few hours. Kayak strapped on the truck and ready to go. I can't wait.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be up next week.
If you can find bunker use them. Tony would love for us to bring some live ones up next time. He has not seen many around and he's out all the time. Good luck and post pics. Fishing around the island is awesome!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts