New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I Bought A Hasting Rifled Barrel with a scope mmount
It was the best and most effective barrel for the gun
I purchased and tried many barrels, actually it's better than the one that's made by Remington themselves
Hope that helps!
What's bud

i hope this helps you, but you going to get lots of personal opinions
what I did before purchasing my barrel is contacted Remington and other custom shops that specialized in guns and installing riffled barrels almost each answer I got was the hasting barrel

here is the website
http://www.hastingsdistribution.com/index.php?pg=3&l=product_list&c=1

and I would buy lots of diffrent boxes of slugs and try them
JUST. DO. NOT. USE. THE. REMINGTON SLUGS THEY DON'T FLY GOOD AND THE TUMBLE DURING FLIGHT
even on hasting website they tell you not to use the Remington shshells I found Winchester had the best grgrouping

I hope this was helpful
if you need anything feel free to pm and ask

Also if you like you can borrow my barrel put it on your gun and see if you like it before you go and spend the cash

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have one not being used. It is an 1100 2 3/4 rifled barrel with iron sights. Barrel shoots great with Federal BRI sabots. Switched to a cantilever barrel.

I am over in Oxford, close to you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
LT-20?

A guy at Cherry Ridge has a Hastings cantilever for sale or trade.

Reactions: dutch102

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have picked up 2 23 inch Remington barrels and finished up my two guns . Thanks for all of the advice guys. You and all Your families on this site have A very Meet Christmas.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Another vote for the Hastings. I added that barrel to a 1100 Special Purpose Deer Gun. Slapped on a Leupold VX 2. When I shoot the gun at the range people are amazed at the accuracy at 100 yards. I never shot it further, but do not have a doubt in my mind it would be more than capable. Good luck in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Google Hastings and go on their website*Just looked at a barrel for an 1100 yesterday with cantilever mount for mine* 400 dollars*I have one on my express pump that I bought back in 2002 and paid 225 back then*Deadly shooting barrels,but you have to try different slugs to see what your barrel likes*Have killed deer up to 125 yards with mine*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts