New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm looking to add the Shurshot pistol grip to my Remington 870. Is anybody not happy with theirs after swapping over? Not sure yet camo or all black but I was looking for some feedback as to how others like the feel of it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Put one on my Rem 870 in April for My New Mexico turkey hunt.
I like it a lot but there is one down side to it that I found to be quite an eye opener.
If you look at the high pointed comb on the top of the stock, it sits rather high.
It is pretty uncomfortable when you lay your cheek on it.
The first shot I took with the gun with the new stock on it off the shooting stix to sight it in I had my right cheek a little too far back on the stock and when I pulled the trigger that pointed high comb of the stock whacked me right in the cheek bone. A few curse words later and a knot on my cheek, I moved a little farther up on the stock for the second shot.;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a non issue now that you're aware of it or is it uncomfortable to place your cheek further up. Were you too far back to begin with as it looks like for proper eye relief you should be further up anyway. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read a few reviews that said they had to shave a little off the forend for a smoother fit where there was a little binding. Being a Remington product I would think that it should be a perfect fit.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
When I bought my 870 I tried that grip and it didn't feel right so went with the standard stock. For me I was exteding my trigger finger. The mossberg thumbhole grip felt great but I wanted an 870. Try holding one before you purchase one.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm gonna finish out the season with the stock I have so I'll have plenty of time to find one and see how it feels. Thanks!
(I also have two boxes each of Rem Accutips, Core loks, Bennekes and Hornady SSTs to see which groups better. The Rem solid coppers I'm shooting are all over the place at 100yds)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.