New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, we used to sneak into some private lakes and catch some whopper b [no swearing please] and catfish when i was a kid...thats where i learned camo tricks to hide the bike and myself..man, the good old days....

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Oh yea! We used to sneak into Mountain Lakes. We'd fish behind thier clubhouse,some slab crappie in that lake.Jersey City resevior For huge bass,pickrel and channel cats.Indian Lake in Denvile for trout. Man I think all of my teenage year were spent fishing illegaly. Oh and how could I forget the two ponds at BASF in Parsippany.Good times good times:p

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my dad had to get my bike at the police station once or twice fishing horseshoe lake when it was private and the old man that owned the lake chased us through the fields with his cadilac..spelling..yes i know...the sand pits behind county concrete in kenvil hold 13 pound b [no swearing please] and huge catfish and the eels..ummmmmmmmm..breaded eel and cold heinekins

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
My spot was Holy Angels in Demarest, NJ as they had a b [no swearing please] pond in the back. Also, various golf courses in Bergen COunty and the ORadell Resevoir...All in good fun.

Once I was fishing Lake Tappan and heard a car pull up and the gate unlock. It was near dark so I hid in some bushes--face down. I saw the beam of a flashlight searching and then stop right on me! Oh shit. The guy was a River Vale Cop but wanted to turn me over to the Resevoir cops. As he calls me in, he gets an emergency call. Tells me to wait as he peels away so I of course hopped in my truck. He never had time to ID me so I was in the clear.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
hey dirt I used to sneak into those same lakes. How about the pit on Dell ave across from Newcrete? man there were some nice fish in there.

·
11,226 Posts
I used to catch some huge b [no swearing please] out of the pits off of Dell!!!!! I also fished Indian lake for trout with my old man. He grew up there. Too funny! The pits in Kenvil, Jersey City Water Works, How I never ran into you guy's is beyond me! I spent many afternoons at those places!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
we used to fish saxton falls off kinney rd. place was loaded with BIG b [no swearing please] and pickeral. i also used to catch crappies there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey scrubby..that pit was great too..so was shongum on the other side of the rr tracks from the county concrete(houdale)pit..hey drag..i don't know what's in horseshoe anymore since the town owns it..hell the big lake by you holds some monsters..hey scrubby, ever hunt by the highschool..wheh i was a kid the new highschool wasn't there,we hunted that feild and the woods all around there,and it used to be good behind horseshoe too

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Dirt, Hunting the High School is a little before my time but I used to hunt Dell ave behind Newcrete. shot lots of rabbits there with pop and there are some big deer in there.Most of that Property was Hercules. Cant hunt it now becuse of those new buildings in there.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Woj I dont recall ever fishing Saxon falls. I had to many sand pits and ponds right by my house.
Any of you guys ever fish Mine Hill beach? lots of Perch and Crappie in that lake.pop and I used to stock that lake all the time with all kinds of fish that we caught from other lakes.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I was lucky enough to grow up near a few good size lakes that I could fish legally (lake mohawk and upper lake mohawk). But I still sneeked onto a few places to fish illegally. Skytop lake in andover and a few farm ponds in my area. Good fishing.:D

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
My sister-in-law lives near Horseshoe Lake... so I drive by the little section of woods looking for deer... but to no avail. [sad]

I guarantee a few of those houses that back up to the woods whack 'em out the window on occassion.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Copied from the bottom of the main page, right under Drags e-mail address...
Any illegal activity (occurred or potential) conducted on this website will be reported to:
Operation Game Thief (800) 222-0456
:D LOL

Also, transferring fish caught in one body of water to another is not permitted either. ;)

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Hey, someone is posting under my name. I would never transfer fish. where the heck is Mine Hill anyway? Never heard of it.:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah scrubby..i did fish mine hill..and some other "sports" too..dated a girl in minehill in 8th grade..dirtbikes at the mines..my cousins live on 5th ave..

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
I was probally watching you from my treestand as you drove by on your dirtbike.

yeah scrubby..i did fish mine hill..and some other "sports" too..dated a girl in minehill in 8th grade..dirtbikes at the mines..my cousins live on 5th ave

1 - 20 of 31 Posts