New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is removing the barrel off a bolt action a pain in the ass?? One of my buddy's got tuned up in NYS and kinda ran his gun over. Action seems fine and the bolt cycles fine I just need to swap out barrels.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I have a Rem 700 30-06, comes apart easily

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
You need a special action wrench for the Remington action and a vise with a clamp made to hold the barrel. You clamp the barrel, insert the action wrench into the action's lug raceway, and turn. Apply some heat as well. Have you done this before? It could be a PIA, and it's probably best left to a qualified gunsmith.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tuned up and driving
I always thought if you see double you just close one eye.
...and besides that shit fun as hell jump on the freeway punch it to 80 let go of the wheel. Good clean all american fun!
J/k I dont hunt with these guys, I do not like to mix the two hunting and drinking, not my style. I do not condone his actions I just need to know if taking the barrel off is a pain in the ass, and besides I think it was the next morning.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
It is not like a savage. You will need a action wrench and a barrel vise. A pipe wrench or vise will not work. I mention the two because they will work in destroying a nice gun. Two stupid acts don't make it right in the end. Once it is off can you head-space a short chamber barrel? I would send it to Pac-Nor or some other barrel company now and you should get it back by next hunting season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts