New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently GIVEN a Lyman press, scale, powder trickler, and some dies by a friend. They'd belonged to his dad.

I have never reloaded before. Can anyone recommend a good source of info? Book? DVD? other?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
How do you get started...hmmm lets see...

Step #1. Go to your Bank

Step #2. Withdraw your savings.

Step #3. Explain to your wife how "reloading is an investment that will save money in the long run".

Step #4. Endlessly buy equipment.

Step #5. Once you have bought everything you need, then spend a little more to upgrade the equipment that you just bought. This is of course because you are now realizing the original stuff you bought was "cheap",(even though it cost you more than 10 boxes of brand new shells).

Step #6. Search the internet until at least 1 or maybe 2 in the morning a few nights of the week. This way you will understand what you don't already know about reloading.

Step #7. Buy more equipment.

Step #8. Start staying home from work for "just one day" so you can get some reloading done.(And search the internet for some more "answers").

How will you know when you are a "RELOADER"

When you see the UPS man leaving your house when you come home from work for the fifth day in a row. Then you walk in the door and expect to hear your wife yelling about all the money you are spending on your investment. But instead she is laying in bed smoking a cigarete.

Then you remember that you weren't even expecting any packages this week!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah but you can cover 5 bullet wholes in a target with a dime!!! It's worth it [up][up][up]

JC are you speaking from past experiences??

JERSEYBOB the less enlightened scoff at what they don't understand :p

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Come on Veni.......can't I be a member of the powder scale club too..:D

FIRST BYLAW....

All Junior Associates of the Powder Scale must be cabable of measuring powder to accuracies exceeding 1/10 of 1gram!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Of course you can!!! Some of what you say is true but I sure could find worse ways to spend my money. Once again Jeff it's about priorities!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts