New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of switching from T.R.U.Ball copperhead buckle to the T.R.U.Ball Extreme

just wondering does anybody use this type (not necessarily this model)of release for hunting ?looking for advantages/disadvantages.all opinions appreciated!thank you

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I switched over to a Pro Diamond Extreme two seasons ago,it helped my shooting tremendously. One issue that i had to deal with, and you may also, depending on the type of bow you shoot, is that these releases will pull right out of your hand given the slightest creep or relaxation of your fingers. If your bow is a speed bow with cams and a solid back wall, I would recommend strongly that you also purchase a "V-Strap" or lanyard that fits your particular rest. After two separate instances of this happening I bought a V-strap and have been very happy with the release since. It also helped with my "itchy" trigger finger issues with my previous conventional index finger release.
Why are you looking to change?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the hoyt trykon 75yr adition 33inch a2a 29 D L.im actualy 28 DL but wanted more lenght for speed so i got the copperhead but it just wont shortn enuff to get the power stroke n relaxed elbow needed i figured that this release will give me what i need to get the most out of my bow

·
Registered
714 Posts
i shoot something very similiar to that release.its a T.R.U.ball i forget the modle but i have been shooting it for years and love it,i tried to make a switch t the wrist style release,and they just dont work for me... i get a very solid anchor point with it,and its a nice draw since the weight is in your hand not your wrist..... atleast for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts